3 Day Diet to Lose 10 Pounds
3 Day Diet to Lose 10 Pounds
The 3 day diet is a fad diet i.e., a weight loss diet that had gained quick popularity, but in a while whose popularity had faded away. It had been a well known diet of 1985. The 3 day diet is a regimented diet plan that is still in existence in texts and is practiced by some in order to have a fast weight loss, reduced cholesterol level, cleansing, and boosted energy levels. It is purely a diet plan which doesn’t recommend any form of exercising along with the diet.
The 3 day diet is often incorrectly referred to as The Cleveland Clinic Diet. This diet plan has to be followed for precisely three consecutive days’ duration. This has to be succeeded by a normal diet for the next four to five days, after which the 3 Day Diet plan has to be opted for again. Those who follow the 3 Day Diet plan are assured to lose a weight of up to 10 pounds in just three day’s time. If this diet regime is followed for a month’s duration, one can lose up to 40 pounds in 30 days. However, it is a matter of fact that the weight lost due to the 3 Day Diet is most likely the liquid weight and not the fat weight.
A strict diet of the specified foods in the exact specified proportions must be had when one follows the 3 Day Diet. Overeating and under eating of the amounts specified will deprive the dieter off the benefits of the 3 Day Diet.
Given below is the 3 Day Diet Meal Plan
For the first day
- Breakfast: Take a cup of black tea or black coffee, a single slice of toast with 2 tablespoons of peanut butter, and half a grape fruit.
- Lunch: Take a slice of toast and half a cup of tuna.
- Dinner: Take two slices or about three ounces of any kind of lean meat. A cup of beets, a cup of string beans, an apple (a small one), and a cup of vanilla ice cream (regular size).
For the second day
- Breakfast: Take an egg, half a banana, a slice of toast, and a cup of black tea or black coffee.
- Lunch: Take half a cup of tuna or cottage cheese, and five numbers of regular saltine crackers.
- Dinner: Take two slices of beef, a cup of cabbage or broccoli, half a banana, half cup of carrots, and half a cup of vanilla ice cream (regular size).
For the third day
- Breakfast: Take a cup of black tea or black coffee, Five pieces of regular saltine crackers, an apple, and an ounce of cheddar cheese.
- Lunch: Take a cup of black tea or black coffee, a boiled egg, a slice of toast.
- Dinner: Take a cup of tuna, a cup of cauliflower, a cup of carrots, a cup of melon, and half a cup of regular vanilla ice cream.
Dieters, who consume the 3 Day Diet, along with the prescribed foods, take more than 9 glasses of water or any other non caloric drink. No substitutes can be used for any kind of food in this diet. No seasonings and flavourings are allowed. However, one may include salt and pepper as per taste.
The magic force behind
Wondering on how this diet regime helps you lose so much weight with in such a short period? There is no written record of the way the 3 Day Diet works in system cleansing, burning fat, enhancing energy levels, and lowers cholesterol. However, the way it works in weight loss is supposed to be as below.
This unique blend of the foods specified works magically to create a particular kind of metabolic reaction in your body. Certain type of chemicals in these foods, are believed to enhance your metabolism, and burns fat at an increased rate than what is burnt normally.
The returning back to the normal diet style after these 3 days of dieting is to prevent your system from slowing down its metabolism, getting back from storing fat, and keep you from going hungry. As long as you alternate this 3 Day Diet with 4 to 5 days of normal diet, you can make innumerable days of such kind of dieting.
The disadvantages of the 3 Day Diet plan
- The diet is very low in carbohydrates. Since carbohydrates are responsible for retaining water, the loss in weight initially is due to the cut off in carbohydrates from your diet. So, once you get back to your normal eating habits, you tend to gain back the weight lost.
- The diet does not offer you the nutrition that your body needs.
- The diet is very monotonous because of which the dieters tend to love their old eating habits better, and thus get back to it once again. So in most cases the resolution to lose weight is left at half way through.
- The belief that that the 3 Day Diet works because of a unique metabolic reaction is not based on any strong foundation.
- Weight loss achieved is also due to severity in calorie restriction which is not good for your health.
- Since this diet involves cutting off lots of calories, it would need that you take off from work on these three days.
- If you are in to a regular exercising scheduled, you need to restrict your exercising to the minimum possible extent as you will be experiencing lower energy levels. And this may make you get off the tract, and getting back to your usual routine may be difficult.
- The rapid weight loss is not a permanent one, and you are likely to get back the weight lost soon.
- The fad diet may get your body into a starvation mode.
Although the diet plan advices a strict food regime, it is better to drop it if you feel very lightheaded, or overly tired. Take good care of yourself.